Thursday, March 26, 2009

Welcome to Nevada



Dear Diary,

Do you think man landed on the moon or staged the whole thing in Nevada? I was wondering one day what it would be like if moon creatures picked up the moon landing on satellite.

We had spring break last week! My self acclaimed best friend from Mississippi and I went to Sedona, Arizona, for three nights and four days. Let me tell you, it was fabulous! Thankfully, we weren't caught on video for Girls (with thick waists, and saggy boobs but great personalities) Gone Wild! There has got to be something to those vortexes! I was so relaxed even though my fourteen year old son and one of his fun, goofy, friends went with us. I told Jennie before I left to not even think I was going to stay on the meal plan she gave me for that week. She said, "Could you at least leave some food on your plate or share an entree with your friend?" I didn't think that question deserved an answer! Share an entree? Not me, and I can't remember the last time I left anything on my plate! If I even think I can't finish a meal, horrible images of starving children from India, Africa, or Mongolia, fill my mind. Then, worse than that, I picture the uneaten food, stuffed up my nose! My Daddy insists that he never threatened to stuff Lima beans up our noses if we didn't eat them but how could all four of us daughters have the same, identical unrepressed memory if it weren't true? Well, I digress. I'll post some pictures and anecdotes about our trip this week end. I really appreciate all the nice comments about the Tree Sprite. I have missed cruising all of your blogs and hope to get up to date this weekend.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey, I thought I was your BFF from Mississippi!! It sounds like you gals had much deserved fun! But it's a beautiful, flowery Spring here in Columbus and we wish you were here!

Watch out for those vortexes!

Cristine's Story said...

I wondered what happened to you! Glad you had a fun Spring Break!

Unknown said...

Your trip sounds like so much fun! I could join in your group for girls with big waist and saggy boobs:) And I think I could go a bit WILD! Wouldn't that be fun! Anyway glad to see you back can't wait to see your pics.
XXXX

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Ha! What a great diary entry. I have wondered the same thing about Nevada/moon landing. hmmmmm I'm wondering again now.

I'm jealous of your trip. I bet you saw lots of great art. Actually, I'm glad I didn't go cuz I'd be broker than I am probably.

Lima beans in your nose! Your dad sounds like a riot between his driving on trips shenanigans and threatening such silly punishment. I would've not eaten them just to see if he tried it! hee hee I like your dad. He brought up at least one funny sweet girl so he can't be too bad.

eclectic archivist said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I would have bagged the diet too and gone for the deserts!