Sunday, December 14, 2008


Would you like to swing on a star?

Or would you rather be a toddler in the early 60's


Dear Diary,

I haven't written in a while! I have been having trouble with my printer uploading pictures from my camera memory card. I couldn't figure out what the problem could be till my daughter confessed that her memory card got stuck in it and she had to remove it with a paper clip! We have also been busy at school and here at home and blah, blah, blah... But enough about my angst.

This is a picture of two of my sisters. Janice is looking so happy and Sarah Ann looks like she is not getting enough attention. I have Adobe Elements 5 and just got Adobe Elements 7. Blah, Blah, I've only had time to install it no time yet to play with it. But I did create a picture of Janice using the above and Adobe Elements 5. It was good clean fun! Usually when I collage I have glue stuck everywhere, unidentifiable grit under my fingernails, and a mess spread out over and under the table. But, Collaging with Adobe is mess free!

The inspiration for this piece is the song we used to sing in music with Miss Tubbs at Fairview Elementary - "Would you like to Swing on a Star". (I don't know if that's the name but it is definitely the chorus!

Have a great week!




5 comments:

Flippinpest said...

What a great project! I have a picture of my sister and me visiting Father Christmas and I intend to find it before next year to use on cards lol. It makes it that much more personal to use family things doesnt it?

Unknown said...

Lisa I am so glad you found my blog. I have so enjoyed yours. Family is everything! And yours speaks loads about who you are:)
I am going to link you blog to mine. Sending you a hug and thank you for stopping by. I love to make new friends.
XXX
Becky

JANN said...

Hi Lisa,
I am coming to you from Whymsical Musings blog. I think Becky is just great in every area. I also enjoyed viewing your blog, nice to read such loving things. I really liked how you started your blogging with
" Dear Diary " - that made me think of MY MOM.
Wishing you a very nice Christmas
and every happiness in the NEW YEAR.
jann

eclectic archivist said...

I am VERY impressed with you Photoshop technique. I have the photoshop 6, and still can't figure it out! I do remember the 60s... and the song too.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Lisa - another beautiful piece! Wowee! So you did this in photoshop? Golly I wish I could figure that program out. I'm gonna have to take a class. Anyway, love the whole idea, the star, the words, your sisters. Really lovely!
Marsha